There was a lot of commotion in the eCommerce industry when the eCommerce mobile app was launched back in the year 2008. The eCommerce merchants took a lot of time understanding the benefits of having the mobile app for eCommerce but finally got the hang of the same and understood that the mobile apps were very beneficial for their business. Then the eCommerce PWA made a classic entry in the eCommerce industry in the year 2015.
Now, before we talk about both the eCommerce mobile app and the eCommerce Progressive Web App (PWA), you should know what they are individual. Let’s start with the blog now.
What is an eCommerce Progressive Web App?
The Progressive Web App is an ultra upgraded website for mobile, ready to utilize a few highlights of this gadget, like the camera. Users access PWA from their program Chrome, Firefox, or other and download its content as and when perusing, thus the name of progressive. They are considered as the future too.
The advantages of the eCommerce PWA mobile app
- PWA mobile app permits setting aside time and cash since it is advanced just a single time, while a native application requires two separate turns of events: one for iOS, the other for Android.
- Since you access Progressive Web App for eCommerce from a web program, you (the admin) don’t need to present your application in the stores – Google Play Store or App Store.
- Users don’t download all the content of PWA before utilizing it. In this way, they access its content a lot faster, straightforwardly through a URL.
- The eCommerce PWA is available for all platforms including Prestashop, OpenCart, Magento 2, and WooCommerce.
The drawbacks of eCommerce PWA
- To offer a Progressive Web App to your visitors, you should have a web connection on the whole of your presentation spaces.
- All web programs don’t support PWA
- Progressive Web Apps don’t approach however many highlights of the telephone as native applications. Specifically, it is difficult to utilize Bluetooth, which is vital for indoor geolocation, with a PWA. Nonetheless, PWA permits sending push notifications simply like a native application.
- At last, regarding interface and user experience (UX and UI Design), Progressive Web App offers restricted prospects. It doesn’t permit the utilization of 3D for example.
Native Mobile Apps
Native mobile apps operate ideally on either iOS or Android. Hence, the eCommerce mobile app can utilize the full scope of usefulness a gadget offers. To begin utilizing a native mobile app, users need to download it from an app store. PWA mobile app excludes this progression, and yet, they don’t have some uncommon highlights for iOS users.
Perks of the native apps
Since native apps are made to optimize for a specific platform, they give an undeniable degree of performance. Native apps install straightforwardly on cell phones, permitting the product to use the gadget’s handling speed. Since information is now stored on a gadget, the app loads commonly faster.
An unrivaled user experience
An extraordinary user experience has consistently been vital.
Associations with other apps. Native mobile apps can collaborate with other apps, which means you can undoubtedly associate with outsider services: from approval using Facebook to shipping through FedEx, and mix with outer assistance is conceivable.
Native mobile applications give incredible freedoms as far as the interface and user experience. Online store proprietors can tweak their stores as they want and stand out from the group by adding special highlights.
In contrast to PWAs, native mobile apps can utilize center operating system highlights, for example, geofencing. With geofencing, when a user approaches an area, they get a push notification.
Knowband features mobile app builder for platforms like Prestashop, Magento 2, WooCommerce, and OpenCart.
Impediments of Native Apps
The significant expense of improvement
Native mobile apps are unpredictable to create and expensive to keep up, in contrast to PWAs. eCommerce store proprietors need to build up a mobile app for every platform and then look after them.
Customers need to download a native app from the app store to begin utilizing it. For most online customers, this is an additional progression in their online shopping venture. So customers may consider a PWA more openly.
When you take a look at both the options, you can choose as per your business requirement. Does your business need an eCommerce PWA like Twitter or a mobile app creator like Facebook? Choose wisely and invest in the same as it matters for the sales and conversions of your eCommerce store.
In case, you want full-fledged native Android and iOS apps for the eCommerce website, we have got amazing solutions for PrestaShop, OpenCart, Magento 2. Grow your brand popularity via the potent Google Play Store and Apple App Store.